Hurricane rated garage doors
- High wind events can cause un-reinforced garage doors to buckle, forcing the door out of the track and causing door failure.
- Debris driven by high velocity hurricane winds become powerful projectiles that can pierce ordinary garage doors.
- With wind speeds exceeding 111mph (category 3 or greater) can create extraordinary pressure inside the home can compromise the structural integrity of walls and roof.
- Induced internal air pressure can reach such a level that it can blow off the roof and tear apart wall panels.
- Even small openings can pressurize the home's interior, exerting large forces on the structure.
Wind Loaded systems
We offer a wind load reinforcement system that meets or exceeds building code requirements in the Hampton Roads area. This system can be installed on almost any door in our inventory.